Saturday, 10 September 2011

Vintage Retro 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Polished Metal

Last week I spent a couple of days stripping paint of an old metal filing cabinet, its a dirty job but someone has to do it. I was pleased with the results but its not like the usual, highly polished metal filing cabinets, has more of an "industrial " look but still a great looking piece of retro furniture in my opinion.
Vintage Retro 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Polished Metal
The best way to strip the paint is to use a liquid paint stripper although some are very caustic and hazardous to use, I found a good product its called Solvent Free Paint Stripper 2L and its much safer.
Vintage Retro 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Polished Metal

As this was first filing cabinet I have worked on, usually used to stripping paint of wood, I found it a little less forgiving than wood. However, I liked the look of the fine scratches which adds a little depth to the filing cabinet. The next 4 drawer metal filing cabinet  I am working on will be highly polished though.
Vintage Retro 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Polished Metal
The finish was easy and I just used a good furniture wax by Liberon although Beeswax is just as good, if not better from what I have read. Its good exercise polishing these metal filing cabinets but the results are worth it.

Vintage Retro 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Polished Metal for sale 

Vintage Retro 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Polished Metal

 

1 comment:


  1. Total Corporate Services Pty Ltd, a commercial equipment importer, supply cleaning equipment and office equipment for many years in Australia. Covering a variety of equipment such as wet and dry cleaners, backpack vacuums, auto scrubbers, metal stationary cabinets and metal lockers etc.

    wet dry vacuum cleaner

    ReplyDelete